Thank you for Supporting Texas Journal
Should We Win a Jackpot, Here’s What Will Happen
Remittances are used to support Independent Journalism through Texas Journal. This Lotto Pool is to thank our supporters.
A Texas Journal Supporter is defined as a person or entity that has remitted funds as described here. Click Here.
Should the group win a Jackpot, Texas Journal will move to effect disbursements as quickly as possible. The sequence will be:
- Request tax information from Texas Journal supporters. Supporters will receive notification of the win and request for information via e-mail and US Postal Mail. Supporters will be granted 30 days from the postmark date of the US Postal Mail letter to respond with the requested information.
- Engage counsel and tax professionals during the period Texas Journal Supporters may respond.
- Present Names and Addresses of Texas Journal Supporters to the professionals.
- Request that the qualified professionals prepare disbursements in accordance with the law.
- All applicable professional fees and taxes will be paid from the Jackpot winnings. These amounts will be paid first. Texas Journal Supporters’ winnings will be reduced by a pro-rata share of the professional fees
Texas Journal does not conduct a lottery. We buy and hold Texas Lotto Tickets and report the results to persons supporting Texas Journal. Should we win a Texas Lotto Jackpot, we will disburse the funds to supporters as described above.
It is permissible to support Texas Journal with more than one subscription. Each subscription will receive a pro-rata share of jackpot winnings.
Only a jackpot will be distributed to Texas Journal Supporters. A jackpot is defined as correctly selecting 6 out of 6 of the numbers drawn by the Texas Lotto. Winnings short of a jackpot are not distributed. Winnings less than a jackpot are retained for operating expenses.
You are personally responsible for any legal or tax requirements precipitated by the receipt of your share of winnings. If the group hits a Jackpot, competent legal and accounting professionals will be engaged to determine the appropriateness of distribution. Texas Journal will not knowingly distribute winnings in violation of law.
Should we win a jackpot, Texas Journal will receive one share.
The final determination of valid Texas Journal Supporters will be made solely by Texas Journal. We play the same numbers every game. To review the tickets in play Click Here.